Alkaline Water vs Other Water
Alkaline ionised water is different from ordinary tap or bottled water in several positive ways which can have significant health benefits.
1. The pH of most tap waters in the UK, as well as most bottled waters, is in the order of 7.0 to 8.0 – which is just slightly alkaline. Alkalising that water will raise the pH to between 8.5 and 9.5, which is considerably more alkaline. Consequently, this change in pH is beneficial to help to neutralise excess tissue acidity.
2. Secondly, using an alkaline water system will change the oxidation reduction potential (ORP) of tap or bottled waters. Typical ORP values of tap water in the UK vary from +150 to 400mV. Bottled water typically has an ORP in the order of +100mv to +200mV. Alkaline ionised water typically has an ORP ranging from -50 to -300mV. This change in ORP gives water antioxidant properties. Alkaline ionised water has electrons to donate to help neutralise damaging free radicals.
3. Alkaline ionised water contains an abundance of active hydrogen. Active hydrogen helps to neutralise oxygen free radicals which are implicated with aging and countless other degenerative diseases.
4. Alkalising the water will alter the structure of the water. This change in the structure of the water molecules makes them more absorbable than ordinary tap or bottled water. Additionally, the smaller water molecular clusters have more energy.
5. Using natural minerals to alkalise water helps to increase the mineral content, particularly potassium, magnesium and calcium. The minerals in the filters also emit far infra-red energy, which is believed to have a therapeutic effect.
“Chlorinated tap water is polluted with non biological chemicals and negative energy imprints. It is also devoid of bio-energy and so may be regarded as being badly polluted as well as ‘dead’. Alkaline living water is regarded by a growing number of health care professionals as the best water to drink and is listed as a medical device in Japan for the treatment of degenerative diseases”
– Dr Hidemitsu Hayashi,
Director at the Water Institute of Japan, Tokyo
For information on the different products that you can use to produce alkaline ionised water, click here. You can also see how the Biocera AHA Bottle works by watching the video below.